Sunday, February 13, 2011

BEAT STREET.

As I sit here, watching the Grammys, I listen to the music and the performances. I listen to the hip hop and rap, and then i think to myself, "We should go back to the 80's/90's hip-hop/rap." and then i think...BEAT STREET.

I'm really enjoying this movie. What adds the ultimate plus is Faith adding her own commentary in front of me and Alaina making jokes next to me. Oh yeah, and Casey making a gag noise everytime they show the actress on the screen that he thinks is unattractive.

What i like the most about this movie though, is how it really emphasizes the importance of following your dreams, doing what you love, and breaking free from  "stereotypes" and what is expected from you. The dancing, the music, the art, everyone is doing what they love, and that's inspiring.

In society now, people are scared to show their true colors and to expose themselves because their scared of being vulnerable. The characters in Beat Street are an inspiration because they continue to do what they love, no matter what. People should follow their example (somewhat) and do what they love, no matter what others say.

No comments:

Post a Comment